Farmington Fall Hunter Pace
November 4, 2018
at Indian Echo farm, Free Union VA-Results posted below.
Stephanie Guerlain photo. Cynthia Riegle with Liz King and her student from Millington Stable
Farmington Hunt hosted the annual Fall Hunter Pace last Saturday with a perfect day for another fabulous horse event, part of the popular Hunter Pace fall Series. A course of approximately eight miles over varied terrain challenged a large number of riders who traveled from Virginia hunts and area horse facilities to compete in Pleasure and Hunting divisions. Due to recent heavy rains the footing was soft, but a well marked course led the riders through woods and over fields offering a variety of jumping opportunities and beautiful vistas of nearby surrounding Blue Ridge mountains. Carolyn Chapman and Helen Hilliard managed the event with help from course designers Matthew and Julie Cook. Riders set on course with aid from timers Becky Barlow and Howard Miller. BJ Korol and Nancy Howell accepted the entries and John Elliott and Wick McNeely helped park vans and welcom all the riders. Indian Echo farm owner and 4H club leader Jennifer Durbin Daly was on hand to make sure the course went as planned. At the end of the ride, a feast was waiting, thanks to many volunteer FHc members and cooks who contributed to the lunch organized by social chair Trina Player with Mary Minor Henderson.
1-T. Susan Migliore & Liz Taylor;
1-T. Chelsea Tinsley, Sharon Smith & Rachel Bell;
2. Suzanne Dennis & Priscilla Friedberg;
3. Evelyn Cowles & Susan Johnson;
4. Joy Crompton, Locke Ogens, Robin Ellis & Sherry Nedzbala
1. Lynne Gebhard, Isabelle Greer & Lillian Byrd;
2-T. Jen Daly, Kate Argo & Kate;
2-T. Lainey Butler & Daniela Lee;
3. Barabara Barrell, Molly Harris, Ainsley Hanson & Meghan Custer;
4. Emily Sears, Josie Galvin, Anna Antobius & Lauren Adams
1-T. Kathleen Anderson, Tina Mallia Mahoney & Oana Moore;
1-T. Pat Gentleman, Donna Martin & Melanie Mervis;
2. Annie Watson, Rena Morse, Mariah Lang & Tiffany Snell;
3. Stephanie Guerlain, Elizabeth Larney, Jenny Feurant & Cassandra Herring;
4. Kristy Rollins & Amanda MacMurray
S. P. Dennis Photo Hunter Pace Riders enjoyed great views of nearby Buck Mountain and open country on course.