VHSA Associate Show
*****Voted Top 10 VHSA Associate Show, 2016 and 2017*****
Brookhill Farm, Charlottesville, Virginia
I64 to exit 121A Scottsville Rt 20 South for 2.3 mile. Brookhill Farm is on the left
Information: Stephen Bickers (434-361-9420)
Judge: Ms. Davera Ackenbom
Thanks to Brookhill Farm for hosting this show. Thanks to all the volunteers who make the show possible!
Food will be available on the show grounds
SHOW STARTS AT 8:30 A.M.
1. Morning Add Back Warm-up Sponsored by Karen Bull
Schooling Hunter Division Sponsored by James McKinley
2. Schooling Hunter over fences
3. Schooling Hunter over fences
4. Schooling Hunter under saddle
Green Hunter Division Sponsored by Dr. and Mrs. Peter Holloway
5. Green Hunter over fences
6. Green Hunter over fences
7. Green Hunter under saddle
$250 Working Hunter Division Sponsored by Reynolds and Evie Cowles
8. $75 Working Hunter over fences
9. $100 Working Hunter over fences stakes class
10. $75 Working Hunter under saddle
Thoroughbred Hunter Division Sponsored by Joy Crompton
11. VHSA Thoroughbred Hunter over fences
12. VHSA Thoroughbred Hunter over fences
13. VHSA Thoroughbred Hunter under saddle
14. VHSA Associate Equitation on the flat Sponsored by Bob and Sally Powers
15. VHSA Associate Children's Equitation Sponsored by Stewart Summers
16. VHSA Associate Adult Equitation Sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Sam Wells
17. VHSA Children's Medal Sponsored by Robin Lundgren
18. VHSA Adult Medal Sponsored by Page Ford
Children's/Adult Hunter Sponsored by Toni Durham
19. Children's/Adult Hunter over fences
20. Children’s/Adult Hunter over fences
21. Children’s/Adult Hunter under saddle
NOT TO BE HELD BEFORE 1:00
22. Leadline (As close to 1 as possible) Sponsored by the Summers Family
PreShort Stirrup Division Sponsored by Ann Horner
23. Pre Short Stirrup Equitation Walk
24. Pre Short Stirrup Equitation Walk, Brief Trot
25. Pre Short Stirrup Equitation over Obstacles
26. Afternoon Warm-up Sponsored by Mary Buford Hitz
Short Stirrup Division Sponsored by Millington Stables
27. Short Stirrup Hunter over fences
28. Short Stirrup Hunter over fences
29. Short Stirrup Hunter under saddle
Pony Pleasure Division Sponsored by Tracy Kilpatrick
30. Pony Pleasure – Walk, Trot
31. Pony Pleasure – Go As You Please
32. Pony Pleasure – Walk, Trot, Canter
Junior Pleasure Division Sponsored by David and Locke Ogens
33. Junior Horse Pleasure – Walk, Trot
34. Junior Horse Pleasure – Go As You Please
35. Junior Horse Pleasure - Walk, Trot, Canter
Adult Pleasure Division Sponsored by Belvoir Farm and the Carter Family
36. Adult Horse Pleasure - Walk, Trot
37. Adult Horse Pleasure - Go As You Please
38. Adult Horse Pleasure - Walk, Trot, Canter
Low Hunter Division Sponsored by Robin Mellen and Smallwood Farm
39. Low Hunter over fences
40. Low Hunter over fences
41. Low Hunter under saddle
$250 Pony Hunter Division Sponsored by Put Spaulding
42. $75 Pony Hunter over fences
43. $100 Pony Hunter over fences stake
44. $75 Pony Hunter under saddle
RULES – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- This show is a VHSA Associate Horse Show
- Entry fee $15 per class (except for classes 1, add back warm up, and the Medal classes, 14 and 15. Entry fee $20 for these three classes) No penalty for pre-entries that do not show. Do not send a check. Pre-entries must be received by 8 PM, Friday, June 1, 2018.
- $10 Office Fee will be charged for any entries that do not pre-enter.
- One warm up per horse allowed. Warm up may be suspended at mangement's discretion if time becomes a factor.
- Schooling fee $25 for any horse which schools but does not show.
- CURRENT NEGATIVE COGGINS REQUIRED
- Open schooling until 8:00 A.M. and before Class 30. There will be a 15 minute Short Stirrup Schooling session before Class 23.
- Lunch will be available on the grounds.
- All riders must wear protective headgear at all times when mounted.
- Neither FHC nor the landowners will be responsible for accident, injury, or loss of property on the show grounds.
- No dogs allowed on the show grounds.
- The committee reserves the right to change the schedule and/or combine classes as it deems necessary.
- Ponies may be ridden by adults in the Schooling Hunter and Low Hunter divisions.
SCHOOLING HUNTER – Open to all horses and ponies. Fences 2’6” or 3’, rider’s choice.
GREEN HUNTER – Open to horses only, in their first or second year of showing over fences at any height. Fences 2’6” or 3’, rider’s choice.
WORKING HUNTER – Open to horses only. Fences 3’-3’3”, or 3’3”-3’6”, rider’s choice.
VHSA EQUITATION ON THE FLAT - Open to Junior and Amateur Adult riders. Will be split into age groups if entries warrant.
VHSA ASSOCIATE EQUITATION - Fences 2'6". At judge's discretion may include a flat phase. Will be combined if entries warrant. Riders do not have to be VHSA members to show in these classes. Black Cat Farm Trophy awarded to winner of Children's class. Will not be awarded if class is combined and a Children's rider is not the winner.
VHSA MEDALS - Fences 3'. Riders must be VHSA members and must show their membership cards. Adults must have a USEF amateur card and show that as well. These classes each require 3 entries who must complete the course, and they cannot be combined.
CHILDREN’S/ADULT AMATEUR HUNTER – Open to horses only. Fences 2’6” or 3’, rider’s choice. Will be split if at least 4 entries in each section.
VHSA THOROUGHBRED HUNTER - Open to horses registered with, or eligible to be registered with the Jockey Club. Fences 2'6" or 3', rider's choice.
PRE SHORT STIRRUP EQUITATION: Riders under age 12. To be judged on position and control of the rider. Cross-entry only into Short Stirrup Hunter.
SHORT STIRRUP HUNTER: Same as above except to be judged on the horse or pony. Cross-entry only into Pony Pleasure provided that rider has not shown in Pre Short Stirrup Equitation. Fences 18”.
HORSE PLEASURE – Open to all. Will be combined if entries warrant.
PONY PLEASURE – Open to all ponies ridden by juniors.
LOW HUNTER – Open to all horses and ponies. Simple courses. Fences 2’ or 2’6”, rider’s choice.
PONY HUNTER – Open to all ponies ridden by juniors. Fences 2’ for Small Ponies, 2’3” for Medium Ponies, and 2’6” for Large Ponies.
- Ribbons and points will be given for places 1-6 in each class.
- Champion and Reserve will be awarded in all divisions.
- See below for list of Challenge Trophies, and Awards.
CAPTAIN BUTLER CHALLENGE TROPHY – Schooling Hunter Champion.
BEARWOOD FARM CHALLENGE TROPHY – Green Working Hunter Champion.
FALDERAL CHALLENGE TROPHY – Working Hunter Champion
PICASSO PERPETUAL TROPHY –VHSA Thoroughbred Hunter Champion
BUCKINGHAM PERPETUAL TROPHY – Grand Champion Hunter Sponsored by Connie and Rohn Laudenschlager
WHITE HALL CHALLENGE TROPHY – Leading Hunter Rider Sponsored by Connie and Rohn Laudenschlager
MUFFIN BARNES MEMORIAL PERPETUAL TROPHY - Awarded to the Trainer of the High Score Equitation Rider Sponsored by Becky Barlow
SMOKEY PERPETUAL TROPHY - Short Stirrup Hunter Champion
BLACK CAT FARM CHALLENGE TROPHY – Winner of the VHSA Associate Children's Equitation Class
KESTRAL MEMORIAL CHALLENGE TROPHY – Grand Champion Pleasure
CHAMBRAY CHALLENGE TROPHY – Pony Hunter Champion
SWISS DIAMOND CHALLENGE TROPHY – Best Child Rider Sponsored by Mary and Greg Harp
NEW THIS YEAR!!!!
Prize money will be paid 1st to 4th places in each Working Hunter and Pony Hunter Class
AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!
Please remember to thank Lynne and Mark Gebhard for the opportunity to move this show to beautiful Brookhill Farm.
The morning warm up will be an add back with $5 of each entry forming a pot to be split evenly between the Grand Hunter Champion and the Leading Hunter Rider.
Lucky Duck table will be back! Each Champion will have a choice of fun prizes! Yes you can head home with something more than a ribbon!
Bearwood Farm will present show coolers to the Champions of the Working Hunter and Pony Hunter divisions.
Pre enter and help the horse show run more smoothly. We will be charging an office fee of $10 for any horse or pony that enters the day of the show. Save the fee and help us by pre-entering.
Two easy ways to pre-enter:
Mail entries to Stephen Bickers at 122 Gasp Ln, Faber VA 22938
Or complete entry form and email to email@example.com. All pre-entries must be received by 8 PM, Friday, June 1, 2018.
We will post the entry numbers on the FHC Facebook page the night before the show to help you plan.
No entry will be allowed to pick up their number without showing a current valid Coggins test. If possible send copies of coggins with entry forms.
Do not send checks with pre-entries. There is NO penalty for scratching classes.
Please direct all questions to Stephen Bickers at (434) 361-9420. Day of show cell number is (434) 906-8378