2040 Millington Stables Lane, Free Union, Virginia 22940
Entries Close: Friday, March 9, 2018
Please call/email about post-entries to see if there’s room.
Dressage Judge: TBA; Stadium Jump Judge: TBA; XC Jump Judge: TBA
9:00 AM Dressage (lower ring)
10:00 AM Show Jumping (upper ring) followed immediately by XC for HT entries
***RIDE TIMES will be POSTED****
**Weather Permitting*** Cross-Country option for Tadpole - Training***
You can enter 3 phase horse trials, Combined Test (Dressage + Stadium), Combined Test (Dressage + XC), or just dressage tests, dressage fix-a-tests, schooling jumper rounds, schooling XC rounds or any combination of the above!
The Cross Country course starts outside the upper ring.
Dressage-only and jumping rounds will be worked into times depending on entries;
Divisions to run in this order:
Preliminary - 2018 USEA Preliminary Test A. Fences not to exceed 3’7” (Training level cross-country phase optional)
Training - 2018 USEA Training Test A. Fences not to exceed 3’3”
Novice - 2018 USEA Novice Test A. Fences not to exceed 2’11”
Beginner Novice - 2018 USEA Beginner Novice Test A. Fences not to exceed 2’7”
Baby Green - 2015 USDF Introductory Test C (Walk/Trot/Canter). Fences not to exceed 2’0”
Tadpole - 2015 USDF Introductory Test B. (Walk/Trot). Fences not to exceed 18”
Obstacles - 2015 USDF Introductory Test A. (Walk/Trot). Ground poles, including some tests such as halting/backing, & picking up items
General Rules and Conditions
- All divisions are open, regardless of experience level of horses and riders.
- Divisions will be split into Jr/Sr levels as entries warrant.
- There will be 6 ribbons per division.
- There is no scratch fee
- USEA rules apply except where otherwise noted.
- Riders must wear protective headgear secured by a chinstrap harness and riding boots whenever mounted. Formal attire not required. Medical armbands and XC vests are strongly encouraged for jumping phases.
- Dressage tests, novice and above must be ridden from memory.
- Competitors may enter two consecutive divisions with the same horse/pony.
- The same rider/horse must complete all phases of the competition. The same horse may be ridden by a different rider as a separate entry.
- Juniors are 18 and under.
- Schooling in the dressage arena or stadium course is not permitted on the day of the show until after competing. Schooling is allowed the day before for a $15 schooling fee. Schooling rounds are allowed during the show after the competition round as time permits.
- Jumps in the warm up area will not be flagged, please use caution and common sense when warming up
- Standing martingales are allowed in jumping phases
- We are allowing coaching from the sidelines during the jumping phases
- Stadium jumps are neither numbered nor flagged. Riders should jump the jumps in the order and direction marked on the course maps. Time will start as the horse reaches the first jump and will finish when the horse lands after the last jump.
- XC jumps have color-coded numbers based on level, but are not flagged. Riders should jump the jumps in the order and direction marked on the course maps and use the number's location to mark the right side of the jump. We are neither timing nor judging time on cross-country.
- Only one rider will be allowed on the XC course at a time.
- All entries must be accompanied by a signed release if not already on file. All minor competitors’ entry forms must be signed by parent or guardian. See details here.
- Please bring water for you and your horses.
- No port-a-potty will be in the trailer parking area. The barns have bathrooms, but they are fairly far from the trailer parking area so please plan accordingly.
Times: Will be available by Saturday March 10th. Times will be emailed and posted on website. Entries close Friday. Post-entries possible for a $10 fee, if there's room.
- Fill out entry forms online here. Please pay upon arrival, there is no scratch fee for no-shows the day of, but please notify if you know in advance you are not coming so we can schedule accordingly!!
- Horse Trials: $70; Combined Test: $50.00; 2nd division entered with same horse/rider: $10.00 off
- Stadium Schooling Rounds: $15
- Cross Country (XC) Schooling Rounds: $15
- Dressage Tests: $15
- Dressage Fix-a-Tests (25 mins with feedback from judge): $35
- USPC and 4H members will receive a $5 discount on total entry fees with membership card.
Please bring a copy of coggins, Farmington waiver (signed by parent/guardian for minors) if not already on file, and check made payable to Farmington Hunt Club. Payments are also accepted via Paypal sent to "Friends and family" to firstname.lastname@example.org